It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update on the babes and how we’re doing life with twins… We’re in the throws of the terrible twos and while I’m loving every second of it, there are also tons of challenges. Every day is such a new day with these two goof balls… one day they’re up and the next they’re hot messes or in Evie’s words “Evie mess” haha.
I like to keep a clean, quiet and peaceful house… and then I had twins hahaha… but really, life with twin toddlers really isn’t all that bad. We play hard and love even harder. But in case you were wondering, here’s a few of our latest challenges and favorites about life with 2 year old twins! =)
Challenges of life with toddlers…
- Keeping our clothes on – because we’re all nudist at heart right
- Potty training – they kind of love the toilet but also have a legit fear of it eating their bottoms
- Weaning Ev from the paci – we’ve tried to “lose” it a few times but she just keeps finding more. I think she has a secret stash somewhere
- Rough housing – they absolutely love to rough house except someone ALWAYS walks away crying (and it’s usually Ev)
- Using “gentle” hands – because they have no clue how badly a slap across the face actually hurts
- The word NO – we hear this word and it’s like a bomb goes off in their brains and they immediately turn into these two wrecking machines that destroy all in their path whilst throwing the worlds most dramatic fit.
- Being afraid of the dark
- “please” and “thank you” – when they say these three little words, it melts my heart to it’s core.
- “I do” – I love their independence and am doing my ‘Type A’ best to embrace it.
- Sitting at the table in our big kid booster seat
- Yogurt – current favorite food
- Baby Bjorn bibs to catch all the yogurt we inevitably spill down our chest
- EZPZ mat to stick to the table so we don’t get the urge to pick up and toss our leftover yogurt
- Trolls – current favorite movie/show
- Mess Free markers by Crayola
- Riding our bikes through the neighborhood park
- Little Blue Truck – current favorite book
- Footless zippered pajamas because they can turn around and zip up on the backside (no more naked babes)
- Talking about our besties – “CC ride in car” “Ella go night-night” “Mav digger and truck” “What Hadley doin” “awww sidney nice” etc etc etc
- Pretend eating with play dishes
- Drinking pretend coffee with mama and dada in the mornings
- Saying “morning” to all the people we pass on our walks, even if it’s technically evening
And here’s a few of my current favorite toddler approved items, we use these almost daily